Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dinning Room Buffet

I have been searching for a buffet piece for our dining room for months! I finally came across a piece that my husband said was JUNK! Of course it is, that's why I loved it! He helped me get it home... it is 8 feet long and about 4 feet tall so this task was more difficult than I anticipated. The pictures below show how beat up it was; no back, no sides, old yellowing paint. I had my work cut out for me! 


 I found these old cabinet doors on the side of the road about a year ago, I pulled them out and could not believe they fit!!!!!!!!!! It was a match made in heaven! The buffet was coming together!
 This is a close up after sanding and staining the top piece and you see the beginning of the distressing. It is hard to tell but it is painted mint green, not white.
 Bead board love! I used bead board for the side panels and the dividers between each shelving column.
 The color is off due to my terrible cell phone camera, but you get the idea! My new buffet! I am looking for some heavy rod iron knob type something for the door pulls. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment